Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Forests, flowers and flips






Monday I introduced handstands and headstands which they seemed to enjoy. I did a little demonstration kicking up to the wall into a handstand then I went around and helped each child get up. Many had never done a handstand before and were very excited. Some didn't think they could do it, and were very happy when they accomplished it. Some were trickier by facing the wall and then walking up the wall with their feet.
I created a new pose I call "forest" pose with many "trees" standing together. The backbends were good with many also trying one for the first time like the girl in pink! Our lotus flower was fun but everyone fell over backward when they lifted each other up with their linked hands. Wheelbarrow races were next then a mini svasana.....



No comments:

Post a Comment